Thanks from a python programmer

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Thu Mar 4 10:31:12 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 10:20:15 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> On Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 09:57:01 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
>> The only downsides I've experienced with my current round of D
>> programming is that:
>>
>> A) One of my programs compiles/runs fine under dmd, but the
>> exact same code exhibits stack corruption under GDC-10.  (that
>> was an interesting debugging session)  I haven't tried it
>> under LDC yet.
>>
> Would it be possible to raise a bug report with either a
> reduced test or steps to reproduce?
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=gcc&component=d&version=10.0

Sure.  I can't get to it till this weekend but I'll see if I can
create a cut-down test case.  The overall program + library set
is a bit extensive.

Maybe I'm just doing something I'm not supposed to and just
getting luck with dmd memory layout.  I'm pretty inexperience
with D so anything's possible, it might not be a bug in GDC at
all.

Cheers,