Thanks from a python programmer

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:01:25 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 4 March 2021 at 20:14:32 UTC, Curious George wrote:
> I know this might be construed as rude to say this on D's NG,
> but have you checked out nim? It has python-like syntax, can
> compile directly to C, and thus utilize such libraries and code
> easier than D can. It's also a growing language.

I'm going to be honest, I haven't checked Nim in like 4 years or
so, so things may have changed quite a bit since then, but last I
checked the claim made by it supporters were gross exaggeration,
if not outright lies in some cases.

I don't think the aggressive over promotion of anything,
anywhere, was ever helpful to anyone except people running pump
and dump schemes, so I've always wondered what the Nimzoïds are
trying to achieve here.

This is very annoying and give a very impression of the language
and its community, especially when one tries it and see that the
picture that is being sold is miles away from the reality of the
field.