Need help with failing dmd testsuite on NixOS

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 23:57:34 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 12:39:08 UTC, Thomas Mader wrote:
> Hello,
>
> running the dmd testsuite for the package build on NixOS fails
> with some gdb tests.
> It looks like it is a problem with gdb used in the system. The
> breakpoint setting doesn't seem to work.
> I thought that maybe somebody has some experience with this and
> knows what's going on.

Wow, pretty much everything D-related updated. Thanks! For anyone
interested, his PR is here:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/115265

Whatever happened, it is after version 2.084.0. I didn't have to
disable those gdb tests when I tried to update DMD to that
version (it's Tilix that failed, not DMD itself). PR:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/99392. Sorry, that's
everything I know :(.