Blog: GC

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 08:50:29 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 7 March 2021 at 20:08:20 UTC, Siemargl wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 March 2021 at 12:11:26 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> Even a runtimeless device driver could easily use parts
>> std.algorithm and std.range, since they are templated and do
>> not depend on being linked to anything.
>
> Is anywhere a list of such features ?
> I've seen many talk about them, but no concretic.

No, just test yourself. In principle everything that does not
need the GC, io, multitasking or the C standard library should be
available in everywhere. But since that style of programming has
less users and less testing, there is often the need to work
around problems.

> I think, druntime and phobos were divided a couple of years
> ago. So i can use druntime, but without phobos.

Yes, you can. And it also works vice-versa - you can use many
parts of Phobos with your own almost-nonexistently small
Druntime. See https://github.com/skoppe/spasm for example.