article comparing Rust and Zig, many points relevant to D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Mar 10 22:08:43 UTC 2021

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 09:49:12PM +0000, mw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 18:08:24 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> > 	struct A {
> > 		mixin X x2;
> > 		int x;
> > 	}
> >
> > 	A.x2.x = 1;
> > 	a.x = 2;
> >

> If there is no optional identifier x2,
>
> a.x = 2;
>
> will change which x? and how to disambiguate the two x in such case?
[...]

IMO this should generate an ambiguity error.  But I don't know the
current behaviour.

Perhaps the most widespread illusion is that if we were in power we would behave very differently from those who now hold it---when, in truth, in order to get power we would have to become very much like them. -- Unknown