Back in D after some absence, some perspective

Stefan Koch uplink.coder at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:59:48 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 21:39:05 UTC, Max Haughton wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 21:06:52 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 10 March 2021 at 20:17:57 UTC, Max Haughton
>> wrote:

>>> Is that realistic for dmd?
>>
>> Let me say it like this.
>> I think It is more realistic than giving up on dmd.
>
> I agree although maybe I should rephrase - what's the gameplan?
> Cull mutability first, then restructure, then go to some
> abstraction like coroutines?

I would like to get a work-stealing task/job system first.
And then slowly bit by bit rewrite pieces of semantic to use it.
I am not _sure_ if I can make the transition between the systems
incremental, but I will at least try.

that said.
The very first step is to draw the graph that semantic currently
walks.
That alone is unfortunately a huge pain.