Discussion Thread: DIP 1040--Copying, Moving, and Forwarding--Community Review Round 1

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:57:18 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 11 March 2021 at 22:39:21 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> All the problems with const/immutable revolved around postblit.
> That's why this proposal has zero reliance on postblit.

These problems seems to arise due to the fact postblit did not
distinguish between move and copy.

postblit is inappropriate for copy, but as far as I can tell, not
only does it work for move, but it's the only path that do not
involve creating yet more magic that's going to bite us in the
ass at some point.