Discussion Thread: DIP 1040--Copying, Moving, and Forwarding--Community Review Round 1

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 19:47:35 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 13 March 2021 at 03:06:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/11/2021 10:56 AM, 12345swordy wrote:
>> How does it handle move constructors when a class have struct
>> type variable that is being alias this?
>
> #DIP1040 only applies to structs, not classes.

That doesn't answer the question. How does the DIP interact with
the current alias this system?
If I alias this a struct variable with move schematics in
struct/class definition called A, does A have the move schematics
of the struct variable? Replying "only applied to structs and not
classes" isn't helpful here. I am not talking about defining move
schematics for classes, I am talking about the class inheriting
the struct that has move schematics defined, via alias this.

- Alex