Mission-Critical systems

Lasheen hazem.lasheen at yandex.com
Wed Mar 17 02:10:15 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 16 March 2021 at 06:57:53 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 March 2021 at 04:22:01 UTC, Lasheen wrote:
>> Is D language designed for working with [Mission-critical]
>> systems?
>> and what about:
>>
>> 1- Safety, Security and reliability to reach work in avionics
>> systems.
>> 2- memory management for [mission-Critical] systems.
>> 3- which compiler i have to use (if yes).
>> 4- which tools i can use for.
>>
>> I want any information about that.
>> Thanks.
>
> I asked this earlier:
>
> "Sure. It's far better than C is. The biggest impact is simply
> having array overflow detection. There's a lot more, too, such
> as protections against uninitialized variables and pointers to
> expired stack frames."
>
> "If C is ready for safety critical applications, then
> DasBetterC is beyond ready."
>
> So, you would have to stick to a specific version of D and
> compiler, run a bunch of tests, document bugs etc, but other
> than that I see no problem with using D at all.
>
> You just get safer code using D.

Thank you for your useful answer,

I tried to search for any tutorials that can help me to get in
but all the information i found were just a general information
and i need some tutorials to explain how to start, which compiler
i can use, how to use real-time in D, ..etc;

i normally use Ada and C for AI solutions but i think D can be
the future of system languages if Walter and Andrey found the
support.