std.sumtype?

ryuukk_ ryuukk_ at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:51:06 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 18:40:01 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 18:29:34 UTC, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> That's how i feel about it, people didn't care enough and
>> easiest solution picked (let's put this lib instead), now you
>> have to use a feature, as a lib, calling functions that looks
>> like template functions, in the end it is confusing
>>
>> i can switch(t), but i can't match(t), i need to use a
>> different syntax
>
> I cared enough to spend my free time for the last *three years*
> working on the sumtype library and submitting it for inclusion
> in Phobos. That's more than you've done, I'll bet.
>
> I understand your frustration, but these kinds of disparaging
> comments are extremely disrespectful, and you should avoid
> making them if you want anyone to take your criticisms
> seriously.

I apologies if i sounded rude or disrespectful, that wasn't my
intention

As i said in the other reply, sumtype as a library is excellent,
sumtype in the std on other than is where i disagree, if
inclusion, that would be as a language feature, to be useful for
everyone, and to enhance the syntax for everyone