Mission-Critical systems

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Fri Mar 19 18:21:35 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 March 2021 at 08:36:51 UTC, Petar Kirov
[ZombineDev] wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 March 2021 at 19:54:23 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
>> [..] Is there a separate GDC frontend change log somewhere
>> that documents all differences of significance to the user
>> versus the standard 2.076 frontend? [..]
>
> I suppose this is what you're looking for:
>
> Changelog for the current year:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/gcc/blob/master-ci/gcc/d/ChangeLog

Nope, that's just a file that contains boring human-readable
description of a commit
(http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Log-Concepts).

High-level feature changes are mentioned on the GCC site.

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-9/changes.html#d
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-10/changes.html#d
https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-11/changes.html#d (content will be added
closer to release date).

Typically bug-fixes come from PRs (problem references) that are
created against D.

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=gcc&component=d&version=9.0
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=gcc&component=d&version=10.0
https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=gcc&component=d&version=11.0

As I fix ICE's in dmd master, these are typically proactively
backported to the dmd-cxx branch as well (this is the upstream
that's merged into gcc itself).

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/commits/dmd-cxx
https://github.com/dlang/druntime/commits/dmd-cxx
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/commits/dmd-cxx

As a rule of thumb, all stdc bindings are generally kept closely
in sync with dmd master to ensure the broadest possible platform
support, and expired deprecations removed.