Time to move std.experimental.checkedint to std.checkedint ?

Guillaume Piolat first.name at spam.org
Mon Mar 29 17:33:22 UTC 2021

On Monday, 29 March 2021 at 14:47:15 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> It's important to note that std.experimental predates
> code.dlang.org, which I think is the better way to develop
> libraries that might become included into phobos (see for
> instance std.sumtype).

I was intringued and digged a bit of forum history:
- the idea for std.experimental was out there in 2011 (!)
- debates about its merit vs popularity on code.dlang.org
happened in 2014
- first module accepted was std.experimental.logger, in 2015,
after an unusually long review time (and after being a DUB
package for a while)
- followed by std.experimental.allocator in 2015
- std.experimental.checkedint is added in Apr 2017, at the same
time std.experimental.ndslice is removed from Phobos. Development
continues on DUB.
- the stdx-allocator DUB package was created in Nov 2017. Today
it has a 4.2 score on DUB.