Time to move std.experimental.checkedint to std.checkedint ?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 04:04:19 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 at 04:01:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 3/30/21 11:40 PM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 at 03:30:00 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> FWIW I toyed with this but don't know what optimization flags
>>> zig takes: https://godbolt.org/z/vKds1c8WY
>>
>> Typing --help in the flags box answers that question :) And
>> the answer is "-O ReleaseFast":
>> https://godbolt.org/z/1WK6W7TM9
>
> Cool, thanks. I was looking for "the fastest code that still
> has the checks", how to get that?

Right, sorry.

--help says:

     ReleaseFast             Optimizations on, safety off
     ReleaseSafe             Optimizations on, safety on

So, maybe that.

The ReleaseSafe code looks pretty good, it generates a "jo"
instruction: https://godbolt.org/z/cYcscf1W5

Who knows what it actually looks like in CPU microcode, though :)