std.sumtype?

Paul Backus snarwin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:31:45 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 31 March 2021 at 17:34:00 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
> As another example, the ability to define a catch-all handler
> is not mentioned in the text (or at least I couldn't find it).
> It's in the examples.

Well, it's not really a specific "ability"; it's just a natural
consequence of the fact that you're allowed to use templates as
handlers. I think an example is the most appropriate place to
illustrate something like that, but it is probably worth adding a
link to the documentation to explicitly point out the connection.

> I don't know that I'll have time to propose doc updates via
> pull-request, but I might have time to make suggestions by some
> other mechanism, like issue reports something else. Is there a
> mechanism/venue that would work for you?

If you want to make sure that it's seen by me specifically, the
easiest way is probably to submit an issue to the `sumtype`
repository on Github [1].

Another possibility is to submit a report to issues.dlang.org and
add me to the CC list. I have not tried this myself, but I expect
Bugzilla would notify me.

[1] https://github.com/pbackus/sumtype/issues/