What's the deal with the massive duplication in std.meta?

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Sat May 1 10:23:26 UTC 2021

On Friday, 30 April 2021 at 22:03:41 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> the reviewers should have filed a TOP PRIORITY bug report to
> dmd "Not binding types to alias templates forces unscalable
> code duplication for all typelist primitives".

I think that did get fixed. At the time, I tried to remove the
overloads in std.meta, but ran into another bug:
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/7513#issuecomment-638946029

I made a dmd pull to fix that bug, but I wasn't too confident
about its correctness, and the fix didn't get merged.