How come unittesting std.socket takes 46 seconds?

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 1 15:30:24 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 1 May 2021 at 15:01:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The second longest unittest is like 1.5 seconds.

~/work/extern/D/phobos/std » dmd -main -unittest
-version=StdUnittest socket.d && time ./socket
1 modules passed unittests
./socket  0.05s user 0.15s system 92% cpu 0.211 total

Between this and your AUTO_BOOTSTRAP woes, my most likely guess
is that there is something wrong with your computer.

> I assume it goes outbound and initiates actual connections. A
> unittest should not connect to other hosts than localhost.

Unfortunately that's not possible for things like testing DNS.