make AUTO_BOOTSTRAP=1 fails and suggests to use AUTO_BOOTSTRAP=1

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun May 2 11:49:06 UTC 2021

On 5/1/21 4:51 PM, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev] wrote:
> On Saturday, 1 May 2021 at 01:07:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>
>> WSL2 running Ubuntu under Windows.
>>
>> [..]
>
> Something is definitely wrong with your computer.

Thanks to all who tested - the problem is indeed with WSL (or my
installation thereof).

For some reason, network connectivity from within WSL (at least on my
machine) becomes really bad after a while and I need to shutdown and
restart WSL in order to restore speed. At one point I couldn't push to
git anymore.

Because of that, the download performed by the installation script was
not finished. When I tried to manually run make, the system was not
provisioned properly.

There would be the argument that that code should belong in the makefile
as opposed to the installation script (as it was before) but no matter.

Thanks!