make AUTO_BOOTSTRAP=1 fails and suggests to use AUTO_BOOTSTRAP=1

Petar Petar
Sun May 2 18:27:49 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 2 May 2021 at 18:22:47 UTC, Petar Kirov [ZombineDev]
wrote:

>> For some reason, network connectivity from within WSL (at
>> least on my machine) becomes really bad after a while and I
>> need to shutdown and restart WSL in order to restore speed. At
>> one point I couldn't push to git anymore.
>>
>> Because of that, the download performed by the installation
>> script was not finished. When I tried to manually run make,
>> the system was not provisioned properly.
>
> I haven't experienced this myself (though I haven't used WSL
> regularly since about 1-2 years - I just rebooted to Windows to
> try out the setup.sh script), but looking for similar issues
> online it seems your computer is likely not an exception:
>
> https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/4901
>
> From what I gather, it may have something to do with Large Send
> Offload, with some people reporting that disabling this feature
> fixed the problem for them (but it seems that you have to
> disable it after every reboot).
>
> [..]

P.S. As @Imperatorn mentioned, you should check whether you're
using WSL1 or 2. The difference is that WSL2 is a full Linux VM
running under Hyper-V, whereas WSL1 is a Linux kernel syscall
layer implemented on top of the Windows kernel.

I think LSO issue is only related to WSL2, as it has the separate
Hyper-V network interface.