Tasks, actors and garbage collection

Tejas notrealemail at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:17:05 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 27 April 2021 at 21:18:30 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 09:52:07 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> Is this a direction D is able to move in or is a new language
>> needed?
>
> I think this sounds good.
>
> There is already a language taking the same/similar direction:
>
> Pony:
> https://tutorial.ponylang.io/appendices/garbage-collection.html
>
> Any(one) experience with it?

Someone made a data  stream processor with it that had nanosecond
level latency requirements. Seems like a pretty good language
even in practical usage.

https://youtu.be/GigBhej1gfI

However I noticed that the company he leadsnis nownlooking to
hire rust programmers so I can't really say what is the result of
using this language long-term.