OT: personal covid preparedness plan

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon May 3 22:19:10 UTC 2021

On Monday, 3 May 2021 at 21:40:07 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> You're correct. In the US, though, the CDC says it's okay to
> meet with other fully vaccinated people inside your house
> without wearing masks.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Maybe it is until a mutation hits
us. I think we just have to be mindful about what we say in
public as it is in human nature to "positively over-interpret"
viewpoints that validates what we wish to be true.

I think the reasons for why Norway has 139 deaths per million and
Sweden has 1394 deaths per million to some degree is due to the
unusual strong words our prime minister used in march last year,
whereas the Swedish politicians were more mellow and let the
health professionals take the scene. The formal policies haven't
been all that different I think, so I think it has something to
do with what people "want to believe". But now that the elderly
are getting vaccines I suspect that some younger Norwegians are
becoming impatient (or are looking for parties, by tradition
after high school there are big gatherings with "reckless
behaviour" that many kids look forward to, involving acting out,
lots of alcohol, and driving around in painted busses loaded with
mega-speakers and aggregates), after all if granny's got a
vaccine then there is nothing to worry about? Well, we are about
to find out... May it is. Exams and a strong
the-party-of-your-life tradition among youngsters...