Phobos' slow descent into madness

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat May 8 01:20:34 UTC 2021

On Fri, May 07, 2021 at 11:58:06PM +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 7 May 2021 at 23:19:30 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
[...]
> > Having it all separated over multiple forum posts may be ok for
> > discussions, but to see the overall view and direction, perhaps it
> > is best to consolidate it all together somehow?
[...]
> This is a nice idea, thanks. I think the gating factor here is Phobos
> versioning, which requires language additions. Then it would be
> interesting to put together a white paper.

I think his point is to collect the current criticisms of Phobos into a
single point of reference, perhaps on the wiki or something, that could
serve as a list of improvements to be made.

Stuff posted in the forum will inevitably get forgotten in the dusts of
time.

Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth