Add ImportC compiler to dmd

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue May 11 13:37:39 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 11 May 2021 at 12:51:07 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Tuesday, 11 May 2021 at 12:48:59 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 11 May 2021 at 12:09:21 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I assume that this will be added as an in-built feature -
>>> i.e. not require invoking via another process?
>>
>>> The C code must be run through a preprocessor before it can
>>> be processed by ImportC. Incorporating this into your build
>>> system is advisable.
>>
>> https://github.com/WalterBright/dmd/blob/ImportC/changelog/ImportC.md#variance-from-iso-c11
>
> Also:
>> Some means of incorporating this may be practical. For now,
>> use cpp, warp or spp.
>
> https://github.com/WalterBright/dmd/blob/ImportC/changelog/ImportC.md#c-preprocessor

Am I right that Walter basically just moved the warp codebase
from the Facebook archive to the Digital Mars one and renamed it
dmpp (with maybe some tweaks)?

Your responses don't really address the core of his point, which
is whether dmpp - specifically - will be what is incorporated in
the future. I assume it is.