Add ImportC compiler to dmd

Dibyendu Majumdar mobile at majumdar.org.uk
Wed May 12 13:22:52 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 09:24:05 UTC, xBuzz wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 May 2021 at 20:57:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/12507
>>
>> If you could add a C compiler to dmd with 3000 lines of code,
>> so C code could be imported directly? I would!
>
> Of course, it's your project and not my business.

Agreed.

> one owes anyone anything, but if you continue to spread
> resources on something other than fixing what you already have,
> I doubt dlang will get more popularity. Nobody wants to invest
> time/money to build their project based on a broken foundation.

> I know, I know... Who am I to criticize you, right? I've done
> nothing and you've created a valuable project. I just hope you
> won't bury the fruit of your many years of hard work and I
> sincerely wish you a good luck!

Well one thing I have realized about the D project is that it is
truly about whatever each person wants to work on. There is no
organization / roadmap / plan. And yet the great thing is that it
has a bunch of talented people working on it.

Its a unique social phenomenon.

To expect Walter to do what you think is right, is futile. I
guess he has earned the right to work on whatever he fancies.

Regards