Add ImportC compiler to dmd

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed May 12 14:00:12 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 11:39:33 UTC, Igor Shirkalin wrote:

> years ago. I'd not stop on the latest C ISO, I'd add more
> featurs from C++.

I'm thinking in the same lines. It would be nice if importC would
be able to detect abstract C++ classes and convert them to
extern(C++) interfaces. Then we have inheritance support to think
of as well.

This proposal has a tendency to grow. It might be a useful tool
and people will demand more of it all the time if it becomes
popular. Implementing importC will open that can of worms.