No we should not support enum types derived from strings

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:00:26 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 18:35:49 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I will say what follows with the utmost respect. I think Timon
> is way better at these things (like in, incomparably better)
> than you and me combined. He most certainly is less skilled
> than you at other things, but as far as PL theory in this group
> goes, he and Paul are the only game in town.

You are so wonderful at being inclusive... :-P Never seen anyone
in these forums that haven' said things about PL theory that is
either wrong or lacks nuance. Applies to Andreis, Timons, Pauls
alike...

However, since most here does not have comp.sci. background it
would be nice if we stop hiding behind terminology (which people
will perceive differently even if they have comp.sci. background
which is why papers use references).

deadalnix is explaining how he uses the terms which makes the
thread more inclusive for all.

Your dismissal is not helpful.