Add ImportC compiler to dmd

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu May 13 07:22:20 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 21:44:29 UTC, Jordan Wilson wrote:
> I think it's possible to have people who left and people who
> join can have very little to do with each other.

If they joined for the wrong reasons, but D was initially
"marketed" as a better C++, and only a small set of those early
adopters are here still, so...

Anyway, integration with C by translating to the D AST is
something I did strongly suggest years ago in these forums, so I
am not complaining about the feature.

I only worry about existing ongoing efforts be significantly
delayed. Like if refactoring the AST is desirable, then it better
be done before this C-addition is merged in...