Remove switch case fallthrough

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu May 13 14:15:15 UTC 2021

On 5/13/21 9:28 AM, rempas wrote:
> Yeah yeah I know I know, Code that looks like C should have the same
> behavior to C. I've asked about that and I got the same answer. But come
> one! We can make an exception on this one! We don't need that in D as we
> can add more cases.

It's already deprecated, since 2.072. It's also been a warning since
2.054. I'm not sure if this is intended to be removed or not, but
removing it today would put it at a 4.5 year deprecation period, and 10
years since it's been a warning.

> I really love the work the contributors do with D but IMO is things like
> that who really stop D from REALLY going forward in the next level.
> Doing things just for doing them NEVER helped anyone!

Nobody thinks case fallthrough is good, this is why it's a warning and
deprecated.

-Steve