Plan for D

dogman dogman at aaf.com
Thu May 13 20:57:13 UTC 2021

Question to the core team. Whats the plan and roadmap for D ?
a. are we planning to keep D just as a hobby language or a real
contender for industry use. Despite being complex, rust has
started to get adopted in industries. Whats our plan ?

b. When are we planning to focus on memory safety and use that as
our strength

c. Will we ever make D as both a GC and non GC language. So that
it can be used across control plane, data plane, kernel. I know
betterC, but could we make it more easy and accessible common
public to able to use phobos. I know people say 95% is done etc.

d. Why there are no working groups for tooling, webframeworks,
performance, compiler etc so that we can improve on each area.

e. Why is weka not sponsoring ? why are we not advertising that
the fastest filesystem is made in D ?

f. D has all properties to make it a good language. But needs
more work and marketing. Why cant we make D as a safe and fast
extension to C++ & python