Add ImportC compiler to dmd

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Fri May 14 01:47:21 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 9 May 2021 at 20:57:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/12507
>
> If you could add a C compiler to dmd with 3000 lines of code,
> so C code could be imported directly? I would!

 From a new D user this idea looks... Great!

Though it's a separate issue, I hope this opens a path to mixed
C/D dub projects down the road. I currently support mixed
C/Python projects and it's been a pain (hence why Anaconda
arose).  If I could take a C code base, make it a dub project and
slowly convert it to D over time that would be really nice.  It
would mean I could call C code from D "scripts".  That's crazy,
as in crazy cool.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out.