dip1000 + pure is a DEADLY COMBO

Mathias LANG geod24 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 04:56:24 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 22:53:20 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 22:51:24 UTC, MoonlightSentinel
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 22:11:36 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
>>> Short answer: yes, but it requires a lot of difficult and
>>> tedious debugging work, and nobody has volunteered yet.
>>
>> ... and will probably break code in several other libraries.
>
> If they're using -preview=dip1000, yes. Do preview flags come
> with a stability guarantee?

Nope, that's the point of a preview flag, it can break from
release to release.

Our company uses `-preview=in` and `-checkaction=context` (the
later isn't a preview, but it's still very experimental) and we
know that the tradeoff is that you will most likely need to stick
to one version of the compiler if you want to keep your sanity.