Plan for D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri May 14 11:54:06 UTC 2021

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 11:31:28 UTC, drug wrote:
> 13.05.2021 23:57, dogman пишет:
>> Question to the core team. Whats the plan and roadmap for D ?
>> a. are we planning to keep D just as a hobby language or a
>> real contender for industry use. Despite being complex, rust
>> has started to get adopted in industries. Whats our plan ?
>>

> I guess that Walter is planning to keep D just as his hobby
> language (no offense). And definitely there is no any plan to
> get it adopted for industries. Even more I wouldn't be
> surprised if there is no any plan at all.

My impression last year was that the plan is to provide a
competitive memory management strategy.

Seems like it isn't moving because there is no willingness to
accept hard changes and also not a willingness to make unpopular
decisions, which are necessary.

Right now, it looks like no significant changes are likely, or
that an alternative language will emerge.