Per thread heap, GC, etc.

sighoya sighoya at gmail.com
Fri May 14 16:14:00 UTC 2021

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 13:48:12 UTC, Markk wrote:
> Just some thoughts after reading a handful Rust and D books...
> and after having seen so many wrinkle their noses at GC ... and
> therefore, unfortunately D.
>
> _Mark

Isn't that what Nim already has, thread local garbage collection?

I thought there was a problem to equip that in D, I think it
relates to traced vs non traced pointer, though I'm no expert on
this.

I wanted to know more why we can't do this in D because I like
the idea in general.

However, I'm favoring more a task based solution mentioned
already by Ola, i.e. a green thread based local GC as you could
to concurrency without threads.