Add ImportC compiler to dmd

Chris Piker chris at hoopjump.com
Sat May 15 05:37:48 UTC 2021

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 19:06:47 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> What features would make a language easier to sell to your
> colleagues?

* A good IDE
* An on-site expert (I'm working that part)
* A good IDE
* A good book (Ali has that covered)
* A good IDE
* Seamless C interop (already pretty good, could be better)
* Execution speed    (check, done)
* A large corporate or non-profit backer promoting D (prob. not
in the cards)
* Oh, and a good IDE.

I'm giving a tiny monthly donation to Dexed, it's not enough to
matter
but maybe it could encourage others to join in.

No one at work currently uses Visual Studio.  The big
environments are,
in order from most to least used: Matlab, Netbeans, IDL & LabView.
(A netbeans plugin would *really* turn some heads since we write
a lot of
Java, and also use it for C).  I did switch over to Windows for a
day
and play around with the Visual-D plugin, but I'm not a very
experienced
Windows developer these days.  Usually I write/debug on Linux and
then
port to Windows using vcpkg, nmake, cl, and other command line
tools.