Plan for D

bachmeier no at spam.net
Sat May 15 15:05:44 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 13 May 2021 at 20:57:13 UTC, dogman wrote:
> Question to the core team. Whats the plan and roadmap for D ?
> a. are we planning to keep D just as a hobby language or a real
> contender for industry use. Despite being complex, rust has
> started to get adopted in industries. Whats our plan ?

The plan is for the D community to whine and moan as they wait
for Walter to improve the VS Code extension or write web
frameworks.

The only important difference between D and languages like Rust,
Go, and Python is that those languages developed communities of
developers that got stuff done, whereas D didn't. Since D's
community is so ineffective, it's unlikely we'll ever see
widespread D adoption.