Plan for D

nkm1 t4nk074 at openmailbox.org
Sun May 16 03:01:55 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 15 May 2021 at 15:05:44 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

> The only important difference between D and languages like
> Rust, Go, and Python is that those languages developed
> communities of developers that got stuff done

This is not true, that is, its not the only difference. More
important difference is that Python and Go never said "GC is too
slow and inappropriate in some situations, we should offer
complete support for some other way of managing memory", while
Rust never said "Borrow checker is too annoying and GC is really
convenient in some situations, lets implement memory barriers and
stuff". They chose their way of dealing with it and just improved
it over time without changing course.