Plan for D

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun May 16 22:15:36 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 09:53:04 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 09:22:00 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
> wrote:
>> Is there a plan? No? Will there be a plan? Right now, it does
>> not seem likely. People make suggestions all the time, but
>> there is no signal of a likely path.
>
> On the topic of a plan (just in general, not specifically about
> DMD's memory usage):
>
> 1. It begs the question of, how is it possible for anyone to
> even organise a cohesive plan coming forward, since it requires
> participation from both the leadership, core team, and also D's
> community (ideally).

I dont know, but it is a historic fact that D's feature set is a
result of evolutionary experimentation more than analytical
rigour and careful planning.

So, the best option if there is no plan is to make DMD more and
more idiomatic and use idiomatic MM, then the weak spots will be
exposed and hopefully fixed?