Help needed with libdparse PR

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Mon May 17 09:02:17 UTC 2021

On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 08:36:23 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have made a PR to add alias assign recognition in libdparse
> [1]. This is done to unblock a series of PRs (e.g [2]) in
> phobos that currently are blocked by the style checker (that
> uses libdparse). However, mt PR is blocked because libdparse
> uses an old version of stdx.allocator. Is there anyone who
> could provide pointers on how to bump the version of
> stdx.allocator to better one?
>
> Cheers,
> RazvanN
>
> [1] https://github.com/dlang-community/libdparse/pull/441
> [2] https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/8047

I strongly suggest you to disable the Meson tests. Meson support
was occasionally a source of friction [1] when I contributed to
dlang-community. This is enough now. Those who care about this
alternative build system will have to come and fix the support.

The problem in the present case is also that libdparse-based
tools use all a special branch of stdx-alloc (2.77.z) to prevent
the dep on mir-core but right now the meson stuff for the latest
tag dont match (git tag 2.77.5, meson tag 2.77.2).

[1] :
https://forum.dlang.org/post/jelnczcitltgfolwogjf@forum.dlang.org