Plan for D

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue May 18 08:37:57 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 16 May 2021 at 16:33:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad wrote:
> My MAIN POINT was however that D does not have a system level
> management option if it does not have an option that deemed
> good enough for DMD. And that would be the default.
>
> Calling free manually isnt it, because that is manual
> management that nobody wants to do, and not calling free is
> even worse.

See? Walter picked the worse option on your scale. So he has
different priorities for DMD than you think he should, perhaps
rightfully so.

You're asserting that if you gave Walter a good system level
management option, he would use it in place of `malloc`/`exit`.

How can you know he would do that, when he already makes the
"wrong" choice `malloc`/`exit` versus `malloc`/`free`?

In my opinion, DMD allocation strategy shows nothing about D, it
shows something only about Walter's priorities.