Plan for D

russhy russhy at gmail.com
Tue May 18 14:41:55 UTC 2021

the people who claim D should double down on the GC NEVER USED
THE D's GC FOR REAL WORLD SCENARIOS

Even @Ola Fosheim Grostad admits it, he uses GO... who got a
point now?

The problem of the GC is IT DOESN'T SCALE

What in the world, LET'S ALL DOUBLE DOWN on a GC that DOESN'T
scale

And people wonder why no adoption, c'mon people, we can do better
than cli-tools right?

"Agents from other languages", yes, there are many Java/C# secret
agents, they want D to turn into a shitty managed language that
can't scale in the day and age of microservices and scalable web
apps, THE IRONY is strong here

No what can we do about it

Ohh wait wait wait, what D is even all about?

It saddens me that people WHO DON'T USE D FOR THEIR SERVERS, want
to DOUBLE DOWN ON GC, they don't even use it, they opted for an
alternative language

Now please compare GO's GC with D's GC, and please do the same
with Java's and C#'s

And also test it with Nim's

Then, and only then you'll start to understand what i mean by the
GC has no place in D

This comunity is full of people who don't use D and want D to be
a Java like language

When D is best at playing with C/C++; they want it to play with
Java instead, the IRONY

Use your strength to make a great language

WHY THE HELL GC when you want double down on C/C++ interop

Fucking hell, no strategy since years ago

This comunity's goal is to give room for a new language to
emmerge and YET AGAIN EAT ALL OF OUR CAKE

You can't even learn from the GO's success

I'm telling you, the people who wants D to double down on GC are
the ones responsible of its death

I'll respect this GC lover comunity the day you'll come up with
this https://malloc.se/blog/zgc-jdk16

Until then you better think twice what you want to achieve with D

Your focus on web servers, D doesn't even have good libraries for
that

All the good ecosystem is around the system libraries, task based
GC for that? sure, that is the priority /s ;)

--

TLDR; is D a web server language? answser is no

What are D's strengths? good at being a system language, FOCUS ON
THAT instead of bloating the language and STD with more cancerous
bloat driven APIs and memory management schemes

Let allocators rot in std.experiments, that module? what a pity
and laughable fate