Plan for D

Zoadian no at no.no
Tue May 18 15:25:04 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 15:10:58 UTC, zjh wrote:
> you are right.
> d's right direction is to be a better C++.
> We must get gid of GC,and GC seris language's influence.
> Because only a real system level language can be truly
> competitive.

you can do that already, mark you main function @nogc and don't
link the GC.
you'll lose a few language features, but it's totally useable.
A 'better' GC probably requires write barriers which cost
performance, so D opts to not use them.

And D's GC is perfectly fine for a lot of programs.

Also the dmd compiler is boost licensed, so you could just fork
it and create your own language with all the features you need.