Plan for D

dogman dogman at somewhere.com
Tue May 18 16:32:01 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 16:20:53 UTC, Zoadian wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 16:02:10 UTC, zjh wrote:
>> D has many shortcomings. D needs to be reborn.
>>
> people who spend their free time developing D and are happy
> with a GC will probably not rip out the GC just because you
> don't like the GC.

Folks lets dont fight over GC vs no-GC. Its a futile fight. We
need both. Infact GC is the right approach for the majority of
the cases IMHO. This post was mainly asking the core developers
about the roadmap.
a. can we make language more secure and memory safe(like rust)
with and without GC.
b. can D without GC use hashmaps, stdlib and other libraries.
Libraries can be used with or without GC. Is it technically
possible.