Laravel for DLang? I want create it!

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Tue May 18 20:55:31 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 18 May 2021 at 10:09:43 UTC, zoujiaqing wrote:
> [Laravel](https://laravel.com/) is the most popular web
> framework in PHP. It is easy to use and easy to maintain.
>
> We currently have [hunt
> framework](https://github.com/huntlabs/hunt-framework) as a web
> framework, but in the process of using it, users need to learn
> more unique usages. We hope to re design a new web framework
> based on laravel's design method. So that more people can
> simply and quickly use D programming language to develop web
> application server and restapi server.
>
> At the same time, it is convenient for more PHP developers to
> use D programming language for web application development.
>
> I'd like to hear your suggestions and expectations for such a
> web framework.

I happen to be using Laravel more these days at work and I
thought Hunt looks quite similar. What I didn't quite like were:

1) Passing data to the view in hunt isn't as clean as Laravel's
way of passing data to blade

2) Unlike eloquent (as used in Laravel), the database module of
hunt felt too cumbersome to use... too much boilerplate.

3) setting up routes and config in hunt is  done with .ini file.
Personally world prefer doing that in D code. In Laravel, its al
done in PHP code.

4) Great web docs. That's one reason why I got up to speed with
Laravel quickly. The docs is just soo good.

That's pretty much what comes to mind... simplicity, elegance and
consistency. Newest version of Laravel is much more simplified so
that should be a goal.