Plan for D

josh vinsentt at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:58:21 UTC 2021

I don't like GC either, but the real issue is the absence of any
ideology, target market, goals and plans. When you work on any
project, you should have an idea what are you going to achieve.
You should set your goals and try to make them come true. These
are such elementary things that I'm genuinely surprised that the
management does not understand it. The current situation with D
looks pretty vague. No goals, no plans, no targeting. We're
trying to please everyone and we get stuck because we don't like
to compromise. Earlier, we had a motto "C++ done right" (or
something like that). Right now we don't even have one. Somebody
should define current goals and start making unpopular decisions
or D will stay a broken bicycle forever. Is there any chance that
D will get a list of goals and clear roadmap? Do the maintainers
even care about it?