Let's get the semantic around closure fixed.

Petar Petar
Wed May 19 20:08:02 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 19 May 2021 at 19:48:52 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> Nobody disagrees. What the disagreement here is, whether we
> should make the behavior work as expected at all costs, or
> invalidate the behavior completely because it's too costly.
>
> -Steve

Make it work as expected. If it turns out to be a performance
bottleneck for some applications, they can always work around it,
as obviously they had done until now.

Being conscious about performance trade-offs is important in
language design, but at the same time, just because someone can
create a fork bomb with just several lines of code doesn't mean
that we should disallow every type of dynamic memory allocation.
For every misuse a of sound language feature, there are plenty
more valid usages.