Let's get the semantic around closure fixed.

Petar Petar
Wed May 19 20:27:59 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 19 May 2021 at 20:14:18 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 May 2021 at 20:08:02 UTC, Petar Kirov
> [ZombineDev] wrote:
>> Being conscious about performance trade-offs is important in
>> language design, but at the same time, just because someone
>> can create a fork bomb with just several lines of code doesn't
>> mean that we should disallow every type of dynamic memory
>> allocation. For every misuse a of sound language feature,
>> there are plenty more valid usages.
>
> A trade-off is to issue a warning and provide a warning
> silencer.

I see no point in having closure allocations causing compiler
warnings. That's what profilers are for. Every application has
different characteristics. Just because a newbie can write code
that ends up generating a ton of GC garbage doesn't mean that
closure allocations would even register on the performance radar
of many applications.