freenode drama

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:23:02 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 20 May 2021 at 13:09:05 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> While the move to libera was fast and good, I think the
> official D channel should rather choose
> [OFTC](https://www.oftc.net/).

I can only agree. OFTC is there for almost equally long as
FreeNode, and some popular projects picked it for their official
IRC channels (GCC, Debian, Ceph, OpenJDK, FLTK, etc). I have
created D channel on OFTC 15 years ago and there are few people
who are on both networks all the time. It makes more sense to me
to move to a rock-solid network that exists for over 2 decades,
than to a new network that still needs to be tested.

PS. D would not be the only channel to move to OFTC, there are
many that already did or plan to.