Help needed with libdparse PR

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Thu May 20 17:13:47 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 20 May 2021 at 11:12:29 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
> On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 10:37:01 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> On Monday, 17 May 2021 at 10:05:27 UTC, drug wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> That's actually another option, drop the 2.77.z branch of stdx
>> alloc.
>> (forgot to say, its possible that it requires a backport from
>> the master branch...)
>>
>> [...]
>
> Done: https://github.com/dlang-community/libdparse/pull/441/ .
> Thanks for the suggestion. Everything passes now.

For the D-Scanner update an update of libdparse to libddoc is
needed (because otherwise incompatible version specification)

I would have 2 solutions for that:
- allow any libdparse version (maybe up to some certain point
like 1.0.0), because only tokenization is used anyway
- have a `common` submodule, which doesn't require libdparse (as
D-Scanner doesn't care if the embedded code is highlighted and
makes it more stable)

I have opened a PR actually implementing both because I can see
with the `common` submodule that either the libdparse version
will be locked to something working by the user, or only the
`common` submodule is used.

Anyone want to review that PR or do you think we should first
continue as usual and add another release just bumping libdparse
once again?