What's the state of std.experimental.typecons.{wrap/unwrap} ?

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Fri May 21 01:02:22 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 20 May 2021 at 20:19:47 UTC, sighoya wrote:
> Link to page:
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_experimental_typecons.html
>
> [...]
>
> What's the actual the state of structural wrapping/unwrapping?

Sorry about this, it has stalled because it is really hard to
work outside the actual std.typecons. As I started digging into
issues with wrapping range interfaces, I started needing more and
more private methods, basically copying in all of typcons.

Then it got worse, some of the methods needed a change in how
they interpreted the type. These changes may make sense for the
original or maybe not, either way maintaining this second concept
while expecting a need to merge back into std.typecons became a
mental roadblock on how to manage it all.

I'm probably in a better mental state now and could push for
changes in std.typecons, but in the meantime I got married with
children and don't really do hobby programming (at least not with
the multi-day mental concentration this would require).