Why don't we use the CRT functions under Windows?

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sat May 22 20:18:58 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 22 May 2021 at 20:05:46 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grostad
wrote:

> It allows them to claim that they are based on Posix which is a
> standard, which looks good on paper... But for a systems
> development language it is a bit underwhelming as modern file
> systems have many more features...

C library API is an ISO C standard, POSIX is another standard
which Windows doesn't natively support.

By today's standard the C library API is ancient and doesn't
provide an asynchronous API for example. Win32 and POSIX (late to
the game) have both an asynchronous APIs.