Pondering. Computer Business. How serious this gets will be dependent on comments.

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue May 25 20:37:45 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 25 May 2021 at 20:04:46 UTC, btiffin wrote:
> How would the D team feel if someone came by with a module for
> base 10 decimal arithmetic?  Bankers like decimal math, and
> still lean heavily on COBOL for counting up the fractional
> pennies.

I am not on the D team, so I cannot speak for them. But you can
share you modules using the package system Dub. I believe Intel
has a base 10 C library you can bind to.

> How would the D team feel if someone pressed for EBCDIC
> support?  Perhaps not internal, but as an option.

You can create your own fork and extend the lexer if you need to.
Or just do it as a module.

> Would discussing Computer Business features be welcomed by team
> D, ignored, or actively railed against as an unwanted
> distraction?  If the answer is welcomed (or ignored) I might
> take a stab at writing some code.  If it'd be an unwelcome
> distraction at this point in time, then it would be best to
> just let the beast lie.

No idea, but I dont think you need language support as D has good
enough meta programming capabilities for you to do what you want
as a library.

> can anyone see D with Business saddles?

No idea, are they interested in something that does not have IBM
approval?